Date(s) - 19/11/2017
5:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Location: Swansea City Centre
A BUMPER weekend of festive fun will kick-start Swansea’s Christmas celebrations this November beginning with the Christmas Parade.
As well as Waterfront Winterland opening at Museum Park on Friday November 17, the Christmas Market will be back on Oxford Street from November 17 too, with the Christmas Parade and lights switch-on taking place on Sunday November 19.
Organised by Swansea Council, this year’s parade will take inspiration from Christmas and winter themed movies. It’s one feature of the ‘It’s Christmas in Swansea’ series of events and activities aimed at boosting festive spirits.
Come along, cheer and wave at Santa as he travels through the city centre and switches on the Christmas lights. All children (big and small!) will certainly be in the festive spirit after a magical evening at the Swansea Christmas Parade and Lights Switch-On.Marching bands, magical floats, festive film characters, giant Christmas inflatables, dancing elves and of course, Santa himself, will be making special appearances in the Swansea Christmas Parade. Starting at 5pm the Dylan Thomas Centre, the route will head up Wind Street, High Street and down Orchard Street. The Parade will then continue to the Kingsway where Santa will stop for a short while to turn on the Christmas lights, before heading down the Kingsway.
The Parade Route
A number of rolling road closures will in place from 3pm – 8pm to accommodate the Christmas Parade;
- East Burrows Road From the junction with Somerset Place to its junction with Cambrian Place
- Somerset Place For its whole length
- Ferry Side For its whole length
- Bath Lane For its whole length
- Adelaide Street From its junction with Bath Lane and Somerset Place
- Victoria Road/Quay Parade At the junction with Wind Street, whilst the parade crosses over between Somerset Place and Wind Street, this will be for a short period of time and will be done in blocks so traffic can still flow
- Wind Street For its whole length
- Caer Street For its whole length
- Castle Bailey Street For its whole length
- Castle Street For its whole length
- College Street For its whole length
- High Street From the junction of College Street to the Train Station Ivey Place
- Alexandra Road From the junction of High Street and Orchard Street
- Orchard Street To the junction of Kingsway (bus and taxi lane)
- The Kingsway To the junction of Dillwyn Street (Westbound bus and taxi lanes)
- Dillwyn Street To the junction of Wellington Street
- Singleton Street Concluding at the Grand Theatre Car Park
This post is also available in: Welsh