SUPER MOVERS CREW complete the line-up of entertainment at Swansea’s Biggest Fireworks Display.
Floss, Spark and LC, the stars of Super Movers, will be bringing their easy to follow dance moves to the stage at St Helen’s Ground next Monday 5 November in a fun and active live show.
Super Movers is a partnership between the BBC and Premier League to inspire young schoolchildren to become more active. They produce a series of online resources for teachers, parents and children that make physical activity fun.
Cllr Robert Francis-Davies, Swansea Council’s Cabinet Member for Investment, Regeneration, and Tourism, said: “Floss, Spark and LC are gathering momentum with young children copying their moves across the country.
“I’m sure their Super Movers interactive dance sessions will be great fun and see many in the crowd at St Helen’s joining in.”
The Super Movers Crew join Owlette from PJ Masks and a special appearance by X Factor finalist, Lloyd Macey, who will be singing live on stage with his band.
Also on stage will be Welsh Factor winner, Lauren Mia Jones, who is currently a contestant on the CBBC show, Got What It Takes, Familia, a duo who performed at Wales International Film Festival, The Performance Factory and a mascot dance-off.
There will be entertainment on the ground too with circus skills workshops from Circus Eruption, and keep a look out for Belle, The Beast, Cogsworth and Lumiere – all characters from Disney’s Beauty and the Beast will be meeting and greeting youngsters in the crowd.
“We’ve really got a packed programme of brilliant entertainment which, together with the awesome fireworks display, I’m sure will wow spectators at St Helen’s.” Cllr Francis-Davies added.
Swansea’s Biggest Fireworks Display is presented by Swansea Council in association with Sytner Swansea BMW.
Gates open at 5.00pm, entertainment featuring Lloyd Macey takes place from 5.30pm and fireworks start at 7.00pm.
Swansea Biggest Fireworks Display, presented by Swansea Council in association with Sytner Swansea BMW, is at St Helen’s Rugby and Cricket Ground on Monday 5 November.
- Doors open at 5pm.
- Entertainment starts at 5.30pm.
- Fireworks display starts at 7pm.
From 4pm to 9pm on Monday 5 November the following road closures will be in place:
- Gorse Lane – the alternative route will be via Mumbles Road, Guildhall Road South, Francis Street and King Edward Road, similarly this route will operate in the reverse direction.
- Bryn Road between Osborne Terrace and King Edward Road – the alternative route will be via Osborne Terrace, Brynmill Avenue, St Albans Road, Finsbury Terrace, Marlborough Road and Rhyddings Park Road, similarly this route will operate in the reverse direction.
- King Edward Road between Rhyddings Park Road and Gorse Lane.
- Finsbury Terrace between Bryn Road and Brynmill Crescent. Also entry to Brynmill Crescent, Pantycelyn Road, Taliesyn Road and Ceiriog Road will be prohibited, except for emergency services and local residents.
- Mumbles Road, between Brynmill Lane and Guildhall Road South (East and Westbound) for 30 minutes between 7.15pm and 7.45pm to allow for the egress of visitors.
- Mumbles Road, between Brynmill Lane and Guildhall Road South No Parking Restriction and Tow-Away Order.
- Oystermouth Road – between St Helens Road and Argyle Street, temporary prohibition of waiting and loading between 5.00pm to 8.30pm.
You can park at the Recreation Ground and Guildhall. Spaces are free to ticket-holders, but they’ll be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
There will be overflow car parking at the Civic Centre, with disabled car parking made available in Victoria Park from Francis Street.
A family ticket for two adults and two concessions costs £18.50 and a family ticket for two adults and three concessions is £21. You can buy a standard on the day ticket for £7.50, concession £5.50 and PTL £4. An on the day family ticket for two adults and two concessions costs £21 and a family ticket for two adults and three concessions is £25.