Any information on event related road closures will appear here. There are no planned upcoming event road closures.
A number of road closures will be in place to accommodate the Admiral Swansea Bay 10k. The main 10k race will start from directly opposite St. Helen’s Rugby Ground, at the earlier time of 11am and will follow the Mumbles Road to Oystermouth Square where it will turn and return along the foreshore cycle / footpath. Check out the key times and a helpful map below.
Road closures and diversions will be implemented from:
10.00am until 12.00pm:
- Mumbles Road Closed in both directions between the traffic lights at the Slip near St. Helen’s Rugby Ground and the bottom of Sketty Lane. The road will re-open as soon as it is deemed safe after the last runner and safety vehicles have cleared the Sketty Lane junction.
- Sketty Lane South bound in its entirety, access will be allowed for Singleton Hospital visitors, the Wales National Pool, University Playing fields and Swansea University (via the hospital).
- Brynmill Lane closed between Mumbles Road and Bryn Road, except for access southbound to the Recreation Ground off Brynmill Lane for parking
10.30pm until 12.00pm:
- Mumbles Road Closed to westbound traffic between the bottom of Sketty Lane to Mayals Road. East bound traffic will be reduced to one lane and diverted up Sketty Lane at this point. Access to Singleton Hospital and the Wales National Pool will be maintained
- Mumbles Road Closed in both directions between the bottom of Mayals Road and West Cross Roundabout. The road will re-open on a rolling basis as soon as it is deemed safe after the last runner and safety vehicles pass. Left turn only (towards the city centre) from Ashleigh Road, Derwen Fawr Road, Mill Lane and Mayals Road.
- Mumbles Road Closed to westbound traffic between West Cross Inn Roundabout and Oystermouth Square. The road will re-open on a rolling basis as soon as it is deemed safe after the last runner and safety vehicles pass.
- Mumbles Road closed in Mumbles direction only between Fairwood Road and Newton Road. Left turn only towards the city centre from Alderwood Road, Bethany Lane, Palmyra Court, Norton Avenue, Norton Road and Newton Road.
- For the safety of all involved, residents along Mumbles Road will be unable to gain vehicle entry onto parts of this road between approximately 10.30pm and 12.30pm.
Access for emergency vehicles will be maintained at all times.
If you need further information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01792 637300 during normal office hours.
This post is also available in: Welsh