There’s a range of things to do on a night out in Swansea City Centre for all the family, and the annual Swansea Big Weekend is designed to introduce you to them all!
There’ll be theatre performances, street markets, film screenings, music and events, restaurant offers, dance, games, comedy, sporting activities and much more! And with Swansea being the only place in Wales that can fly the Purple Flag, you’re guaranteed to a enjoy a safe and entertaining night out wherever you visit.
As part of the Swansea Big Weekend, we’ll see the return of the Swansea Fringe Festival! Kicking off the first weekend of the Swansea International Festival, the Fringe sees some of Wales’ best alternative talent – in comedy and music, poetry and play – live at venues across High Street, Castle Street and beyond.
Gone for far too long, it’s back, bigger and better than ever – with a huge number of cutting edge events at venues on High Street and Castle Street.
Events confirmed so far include;
- Into the Pit The Pit | Friday 29th September-30th September | Early till late | Ticketed
“Two days of the heaviest, moshiest, catchiest, rock, pop and alternative music that you can find in these here parts.”
- The Giant Seagull Comedy Hour The Grand Hotel Small Bar | Saturday 30th September | 7.30-8.30pm | Ticketed
“An hour of quirky, energetic and downright surreal comedy with comedians John Collins, Conor Clarke McGrath and Eleri Morgan.”
- Songwriter’s at the Fringe #1 Copper Bar | Friday 29th September | 6.30pm Start | Ticketed
“In the first of the Songwriter’s at the Fringe event, join Emi McDade, Aled Rheon and Eleri Angharad as they take you on an intimate trip through their craft and their songs.”
- Weird and Wired TechHub Cafe | Friday 29th September | 5.00pm Start | Ticketed
“Step into the weird and marvelous world of the Swansea Laptop Orchestra as they spearhead an evening of experimental and boundary pushing music in TechHub Cafe
- A World of Welsh Whisky TechHub Cafe | Saturday 30th September | 5.00-6.00pm (1st Sitting)/6.30-7.30pm (2nd Sitting) | Premium Event
“Join Swansea’s Whisky Wizard himself, Adam Sillman, as he walks you through the landscape of the most beautiful and unusual of Welsh whiskies. Please note, contact email@example.com after purchasing a Premium ticket to reserve a seat for this event.”
- U & I Radio Presents The Grand Hotel Main Bar | Saturday 30th September | All day | Free Entry
“An entire afternoon and evening of carefully selected acoustic artists and small ensembles organised by the keen ear of Big Scott and U & I Radio.”
Swansea is in the running to become UK City of Culture 2021 and we need your help to make this happen.
Find out what you can do to support your City…
This post is also available in: Welsh