Re-opening after an extensive refurbishment on October 15th 2016, and set within the heart of the City, the Glynn Vivian Art Gallery (founded in 1911) has developed a significant Collection covering a broad spectrum of the visuals arts from old masters to contemporary artists, with an international collection of porcelain and Swansea china.
The dynamic exhibitions programme provides a platform for artists based in Wales to present their work in a local national and international context. The Gallery also hosts national and international touring exhibitions of major contemporary artists and art historical shows.
The award winning Learning Team help to create a friendly, supportive atmosphere in which groups and individuals of all ages are able to develop an understanding of the world of art, while at the same time discovering their own capabilities through practical workshops and an exciting community interpretation programme.
*Please be aware that Glynn Vivian Art Gallery will be closed all day on Tuesday, 12th September for routine maintenance work. Also the change-over period for our forthcoming exhibitions will commence in the Atrium, Room 3 and Room 9 between Tuesday 30 August until Saturday, 23 September, when our exhibitions will open. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.*
See our website www.glynnviviangallery.org for a full programme.
- Journeys between Art & Life: Richard Glynn Vivian (1835-1910) - 15/10/2016 - 15/11/2018 - All Day
- Portrait of the Artist: Käthe Kollwitz - 24/03/2018 - 17/06/2018 - All Day
- Käthe Kollwitz: Portrait of the Artist - 24/03/2018 - 17/06/2018 - 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Saturday Adult Art Classes - 21/04/2018 - 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Family Film Club - 22/04/2018 - 10:30 am - 12:30 pm
- Film Club - Artist's choice - 22/04/2018 - 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
This post is also available in: Welsh