Swansea has a proud tradition of producing great sportspeople. It takes dedication, determination and hours of hard work to maintain the city of sport we know and love.
Whether it’s the volunteer or the coach who puts in hour after hour behind the scenes, the team which has been the most successful through the year or the sportsperson that has achieved the most in their sport, Swansea is a city full of sporting champions.
Every year we recognise and honour their achievements and outstanding contributions to sport through the Swansea Sports Awards.
- Sportsperson of the Year
- Junior Sportswoman of the Year
- Junior Sportsman of the Year
- Sportsperson of the Year with a Disability
- Junior Sportsperson of the Year with a Disability
- Performance Coach of the Year
- Community Coach of the Year
- Volunteer of the Year
- Inspiring Young Person of the Year
- Senior Club or Team of the Year
- Junior Club or Team of the Year
- School Team of the Year
- Getting Swansea Active Award
- Lifetime Contribution to Sport
Getting Swansea Active Award – this award is for any individual, group of people, club, school, organisation, event, programme or project, that has inspired more people to participate in physical activity.
Lifetime Contribution to Sport – this will recognise one stand-out, long serving volunteer in recognition of their ongoing contributions to sport in their local community. Nominations will not be accepted for this category and the winner will be decided at the judging panel’s discretion.
The Swansea Sports Awards ceremony will take place on Wednesday 13 March 2019, at the Brangwyn Hall.
For more information on next year’s event, nominating and sponsorship opportunities, please contact Nia.Parry@swansea.gov.uk
This post is also available in: Welsh