Date(s) - 05/10/2019
4:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Location: Castle Square
The Swansea Fringe Festival returns to October, and Swansea Council is bringing a special free screening of the incredible Avengers: Endgame to the Big Screen, Castle Square, plus so much more for the whole family! With street food, entertainment and the chance to meet your favourite heroes in person, it’s going to be a super night in Castle Square. And most importantly – don’t forget to dress up as your favourite hero!
Avengers: Endgame on the Big Screen
Catch a free showing of one of the biggest movies in history, Avengers: Endgame. After the devastating events of Avengers: Infinity War (2018), the universe is in ruins due to the efforts of the Mad Titan, Thanos. With the help of remaining allies, the Avengers must assemble once more in order to undo Thanos’s actions and undo the chaos to the universe, no matter what consequences may be in store, and no matter who they face
Pull up a deckchair, enjoy the outdoor cinema and watch how the heroes fight their biggest battle they have ever faced – it’s completely FREE.
No need to fear Swansea, as all of your favourite superheroes will be out in Castle Square from 4pm! They’ll be keeping the world safe, looking out for bad guys – and might just have a photo with you too! You’ll be able to catch Spiderman, Aquaman, Ironman, Captain America and more throughout the event, and don’t forget to come dressed as you favourite superhero to be in with the chance of winning the best dressed competition!
While you relax and watch the Avengers try to save the universe on the Big Screen, you can enjoy a mouth watering meal from the Street Food Market! Featuring some of the best local street food traders and offering everything hot and cold and sweet and savoury, you’re guaranteed to find something to chow down on. And with lots of traders on offer, there’s enough to keep the incredible hulk well fed!
The full list of traders on offer is still being finalised, check back soon to check them all out.
- Babita’s Spice Kitchen: freshly cooked samosas, hot Indian snacks and curries (vegan friendly)
- Bibby’s Beans: their retro VW Campervan will be selling tea, coffee and hot chocolate
- Waffleshack: delicious freshly made crispy waffles, toppings & cakes
- Gourmet Gower Fudge: freshly made creamy fudge
- Alfie’s Beer Bus: local craft ales and cider
- Country Kitchen: artisan burgers, vegan burgers and hot dogs
- The Chilli Kithen: homemade chilli, jacket potatoes, chips, nachos and cheese
*All traders subject to change
Come and have your photo taken with a large mural hand painted Thanos by a Fresh Murals Co artist! Previous murals have included Thor, spiderman, Jean Grey and Cyclops!
- Street Food Market (top of Castle Square – adjacent to Castle Bailey Street) 4-8pm
- Showing of Avengers: Endgame (Big Screen) & interactive performances from 4.30pm
- Superheroes and entertainment 4-8pm
Swansea Fringe 2019
This post is also available in: Welsh